Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My body




I want to blog to track my fitness plan. When I got pregnant with Nate, I weighed 168 lbs. I gained about 35 lbs while pregnant, and lost all of the pregnancy weight plus some while nursing him. When I got pregnant with Ben I believe I weighed about 158. I gained about 30 lbs, and have lost all of it. I weighed myself when we first got to Florida, and I weighed about 158. So, if the pattern remains, I ought to go down about 10 more lbs in the next year right? If I can lose an extra 5 or 10, and be down to 140ish, I would be thrilled (I was 130-135 when I met Steven- can't remember exactly). So, we bought a scale at Goodwill and I have been weighing myself everyday, after breakfast, like Lisa told me to (shout out! LOL)

I have been hovering between 155 and 156 the last couple of days, which means I have lost 2-3 lbs in the past 2 months. I am NOT number obsessed, but I am posting this as encouragement for myself. Here's the kicker. Today, I weigh in at 153!! Is that possible? Of course, I ate a bowl of cereal for breakfast, and attempted Jillian Michaels' Fat Burning Yoga Workout on Comcast OnDemand- I did not get all the way through! But it felt good! (I say that now...lol)

Then, I realized that it may not be a good idea to be trying to lose weight while breastfeeding, but a 10-15 lb goal would be safe, wouldn't it? I am not starving myself- in fact my appetite is huge, but I am trying to eat everything healthy and stay away from junk food and sweets. And I am also trying to eat in way which will raise my metabolism (healthy snacking throughout the day, smaller portions at mealtime...) And I am drinking tons of water.

My big idea is to get bicycles and go bike riding often. We will also need one of those little kiddie trailers. This weekend, I am determined to hunt Craigslist and yard sales, etc.

I still have a serious spare tire around my middle, and I know it's mostly just loose from being pregnant, but it's my biggest source of insecurity, and I really want to tighten it up. I have NEVER had a flat stomach though...*jiggle jiggle*, that's my belly.

Problem with losing weight: I can't afford to buy new clothes!!!! But I guess when I get to that point, it would be a problem others would love to have. So I promise not to complain.



3 comments:

  1. Hey!!! Shout out heard! Except that you should weight before breakfast, and after you pee. First thing in the A.M. I wanna go on a journey with you. I have to lose a lot more than you though. You go girl! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh BEFORE breakfast. LOL that makes more sense... You should come on a journey with me! Just make HEALTHY food choices, and try to be active. Go for long walks and have dance parties with your kids. I bet it will work. I am going to eat whatever I want 1 day a week. But only 1! I LOVE you too!YOU TOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that my clothes aren't fitting, Danny told me to either get a job or start eating again! lol Speaking of not being able to afford to buy new clothes. Thank goodness for Ross where I can pick up one or two things at a time for pretty cheap! Good luck, gotta get that beach bod going!

    ReplyDelete