Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Toys

I'm having another one of "those days," and I just don't know what to do about it. I feel like we are standing still and it's driving me crazy!

Do you find it odd that I am braiding my Barbie's hair? I am trying to "lighten the load" so to speak, and prettying up my dolls to try to get some moo-lah for them. Actually, I'm really just doing it for fun. It makes me feel nostalgic. The dolls aren't worth anything.

I'm having a little hard time parting with the Barbies though. My grandmother made some dresses for them. She was a mean lady, but I think she liked me back when I was the only grandchild (I was first). Not that she ever disliked me, but my dad is the black sheep of the family, so I kind of got the shaft because of that.

Anyway, it's not that I think I'll ever have a little girl to pass them down to, and I don't particularly like the idea of Barbies anyway...it's just what they represent, ya know? A happy time in my life.

Here I go rambling again...it's just one of "those" days.


That's right, the original black Barbie. I did not dress her in the maid outfit, she came with it. That always blew my mind...
Also, we have Pizza Party Ken, complete with little cardboard pizzas, sodas, etc (not pictured).
The dolls are sitting in a Barbie and The Rockers case, worth about $20 on Ebay. But I'm really too lazy to sell it on Ebay...

I guess while I'm at it, I'll show you a picture of the My Little Ponies and Trolls.

I do not know why the Trolls are sideways, and I can't figure out how to turn it. Sorry!

2 comments:

  1. I love playing barbies! Er... I mean, I used to love to play with barbies!
    I remember two girls that were students in my mom's class (she taught high school art) came over to babysit me one night and they had the best imagination.
    All they did was turn a laundry basket and bookcase into a barbie house cause i didn't have one. I thought it was the coolest thing ever!
    I've never been able to recreate that feeling of magic while playing barbies... maybe cause I don't have anyone cooler than me playing along (well my daughters are cooler than me, but they are so young that it doesn't matter)
    We should totally play barbies together sometime! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL sounds good! Yeah, what is it about certain things that we just don't grow out of?

    ReplyDelete