Monday, July 27, 2009

Introduction

I decided to start a blog because we added a dog to our family, and I thought it would be neat to track her progess. Her name is Mandy, she's a one-year old Black lab/border collie mix and a shelter dog. She has some mild issues, and I have been looking for help with them, but I can't find anyone with exactly her issues, so I thought I would write a blog about figuring out on my own.

Then, I started thinking, maybe if "break the seal" with the blog writing, I can begin to finally write about other things happening in my life. I have become a more private person lately than I used to be. People close to me would probably never know that, but it's true. I used to be one of those people that would just tell you my whole life story upon meeting you, and then think later "Geez, I said too much, they probably think I'm crazy!" So maybe, this is a good thing!

The other thing is, I'm not a very good writer, so this blog will probably only be interesting if you are interested in the content. The writing will not be captivating by itself.... Oh well.

Also, I might need some help in keeping this moving so I don't just lay it aside like the "book" I started writing a few months ago, that only got about 5 pages. So if you have anything you would like me to write about, please tell me, and I will try to do it. Like those exercises in school where they give you a topic and you just have to write something to keep your chops in shape.

So here I go...wish me luck! :)

2 comments:

  1. This is the first post I read so far and I'm looking forward to reading the rest...but it looks like you haven't written in a few months, so get to it!!!! lol And I'm one of those people that tell too much too. That's just the way I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, i know a little more about ya now. melissa is a natzi blogger, love her or hate her...we love her anyways! u have had alot of dogs!!!! hope to get to know ya even more.

    ReplyDelete